Naeem Tahir is an Actor and Director. In 40 years of distinguished work in Arts Management and performing arts, in Pakistan, USA. China, UK and many other countries.
- 40 years of distinguished work in Arts Management and performing arts, in Pakistan, USA. China, UK and many other countries.
- 25 year’s experience in the television industry, as a director of training and recruitment, producer, writer, director, performer, and anchorperson.
- Highly motivated with proven track record of taking projects from concept to completion.
- 18 year’s experience in event management of large scale shows such as SAF Games, Horse & Cattle Shows, National Games, Provincial Games.
- Extensive international diplomacy experience.
- Keen negotiating and interpersonal skills as evidenced by the trust by the Government of Pakistan, international Investment Banks and private sectors.
- 25 year’s executive experience as head of private and/or government organizations.
- Successful entrepreneurial and artistic ventures, resulting in a dual career in business and the arts.
- Dedication to cultural development, social enlightenment and human dignity
A known research scholar.
- Chief Executive/Director General March 2005-July2009
- Pakistan National Council Of the Arts (PNCA).
- The Pakistan national Council of the Arts is the apex organization for the promotion and development of all forms of Arts in Pakistan and to support Cultural Relations with other countries. It is an autonomous organization created by an Act of Parliament in 1973.(www.pnca.org.pk)
- Reported to the Board of Governors and held frequent consultations with senior Government Functionaries including the President and Prime Minister.
- Appointed by the President of Pakistan .The objective being the revival of the organization which had declined over the years.
- 5 times winner President of Pakistan Medal for Meritorious Services for National House and Cattle show.
- 2 times winner of Prime Minster’s Award of Honor
- SAF Games Award of Distinguished Contribution
- 30 various public and critic awards for Drama related works.
- Melluhas of the Indus Valley.
- ‘Sail e Rawan’ an epic play published in ‘Landmark Drama’
- ‘Jalsa Urdu Drama ka’ a play on history of urdu drama.
- Collection of 52 articles written in Daily Times Lahore March 2010-April 2011
- Plays : Aap ki Tareef? And ‘Soye Kahan’ written in collaboration with Yasmin Tahir.
- ‘Samjhota Express’ a TV serial 20 episodes. Produced 2011
- ‘God is Mine’ a TV serial under production.
- ‘Daagh e Dil’ a tele film under production.
- Collection of plays broadcast by Radio.
- Collection of Articles written at various times.
- ‘Terhvan Darvaza’ an auto biography under compilation.
|Main objectives achieved
Currently free lance consultant to Ministry of Culture and Inter Services Public Relations , Pakistan Army.
- Restructuring of the PNCA to meet its mandate according to the Act.
- Construction of The National Art Gallery: the largest ‘Arts Center’ in Pakistan spread over 140,000 sq.ft. area. including 14 art galleries and theatre halls. This facility is acknowledged internationally as one of the best 10 centers in the world, and favorably commented upon by New York Times and Newsweek among other international media.
- Fund Raising for the maintenance and operation of the Arts Center from initial 25 million to 140 million Rupees.
- Successful running of the ‘Arts Center’. Average of 500 visitors a day, including high profile individuals, like Hilary Clinton, Laura Bush, U.S Congressmen, Ambassadors, Army delegations, Diplomats, Artists and general public.
- Development of membership base and sustained interaction with groups. This activity included individuals, support groups of NGOs, Corporations, Associations, Foundations, Government Agencies etc.
- Frequent interaction with media and earning their goodwill.
- Development projects for future. These included: National Theatre, Regional Centers, Film Academy, and International Culture Centers at Washington, Beijing and others.
- Drafting the National Cultural Policy for Pakistan.
- Implementation of cultural pacts ,and arranging performances and exhibitions in the pact countries, and interaction with international organizations like UNESCO.
- Specific cultural exchange program with Kennedy Arts Center Washington.
Brief of earlier professional work is as follows.
Director 9th South Asian Federation Games
Mr. Tahir’s Event Management Company, “TTF” was engaged to produce and impart training for 4 out of 5 cultural segments for the Opening Ceremony, and 1 segment for the Closing Ceremony
Took personal responsibility to conceive, direct and train participants for 3 shows, while the 4th show was directed by Ali Tahir. All the five shows were different and consisted of legends, ballets, heritage shows and calisthenics. These shows involved multi-media presentations.
Designated Managing Director of “WAQT” T.V Network, 2003.
Vice President Operations ICTV Sept, 2000 – April, 2001
Irvine, California, USA
ICTV was a television network covering USA, Canada and the Carribean
As Vice President Operations I was responsible for planning, technical and program departments
I took over at the very initial stage and successfully ran a 7 days a week, 24 hours transmission in Urdu & English. Was also the anchor person for three 1-hour programs per week related to Current Affairs.
Financial and Business Consultant 1995-2000
Provide expertise to develop radio and television networks in UAE, Pakistan, and USA Market Pakistani television and radio programs internationally
Co-ordinate financial and technical package for electric power generation plants
Mediate in negotiations between disputing parties. Negotiated a settlement between Pakistan Television Management and the nation wide striking artists.
Chief Executive Officer and Chairman, 1986-1995
Indus Fruit Products Ltd. Lahore, Pakistan
Built and led a medium-size fruit juice production industry from conception to successful public issue of stocks. Negotiated Pre—IPO equity placements by foreign investors, developed the company prospectus, Arranged underwriting and the public issue of stock.
Managing Partner, Farmeh Seniors Ltd. (Exports) 1974-1986
Developed an export business of hand-knotted carpets, Supervised production, researched designs, negotiated financing and planned extensive international marketing. Led trade delegations to numerous European countries.
Director, Pakistan Arts Council, Lahore 1963-1968
Board Member, Pakistan Arts Council 1971-74 & 1980-82
Transformed the role of the Pakistan Arts Council from a small club to a major force for cultural development in Pakistan. Drove the effort to give the Council a physical home by developing the ‘Alhamra Arts Center’ in Lahore. Led all efforts to plan and develop the center. Raised funds to buy the building site. Provided detailed requirements to the architects and engineers in 1980, supervised the construction and installation of the equipment. Planned the programs, recruited the staff, and set up the systems.
Pioneered the cultural exchange programs with friendly countries. Continues to contribute till date.
Directed and led cultural delegations to China, USSR, Japan, Iran, Afghanistan and Indonesia.
Principal, Central Television Institute. 1968-1971
Government of Pakistan, Rawalpindi/Islamabad, Pakistan
Designed and conducted training courses for all aspects of television production and engineering in association with Pakistani and German faculty.
In 1970, led the research and planning to successfully provide 24-hour coverage of the first “free and fair” election in Pakistan.
Writers and Director of Multimedia Heritage Shows at UAE, USA & Pakistan covering 50,000 years of Indus valley.
Chief Organizer of National Festival since 1982 popularly known as National Horse and Cattle show.Over 30,000 participants.
Created, Directed and presented Calisthenics shows for Inaugural and Closing of South Asian Federation (SAF) Games 1988. Over 15000 participants.
Created and Director for segments for 9th South Asian Games – Opening Ceremony
Created and Directed AD-Asia Convention inaugural programs at Shalimar Gardens.
Created and Directed Laser Light Show on theme of freedom movement of Pakistan
Created an award winning TV commercial “Rhythm of Unity”.
Research on Asian Civilizations published “ Melluhas” People of the Indus Valley 8000B.C to 500B.C Published 2007 ISBN 978-969-450-057-7
Several Tv shows written, and presented
Several plays and film scripts written and produced.
Writer, Director, Choreographer and Actor.
Leader of Trade Delegation to the United Kingdom for food Industry.
Chairman, Pakistan Fruit processors Association.
Vice Chairman Carpet Manufacturers and Exporters Association.
Convenor, Small and Medium size Industries, Federation of Chamber of Commerce.
Member, Film Censors Board Govt. of Pakistan
Member, National Heritage Fund, Pakistan.
Chairman International Theatre Institute Pakistan.(Unesco)